Feature Request: Option to hide a filter/bookmark from the bookmarks/filters panel

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
Ralf_Reddings

Feature Request: Option to hide a filter/bookmark from the bookmarks/filters panel

Post by Ralf_Reddings »

The bookmarks panel is brilliant, it took me a while to see its potential.
With the current option to assign a icon to a bookmark folder/bookmark etc its really neat.

It would be nice if we can hide a given bookmark (or bookmark folder)/filter from its respective panel. For example I have a few bookmarks that I specifically defined for use outside the Everything GUI, such as ES Cli use in PowerShell, Directory Opus through the 1.4 SDK.
NotNull

Re: Feature Request: Option to hide a filter/bookmark from the bookmarks/filters panel

Post by NotNull »

Put those together in one or more Bookmark subfolders:

- Start Organize Bookmarks ( under Menu = > Bookmarks )
- In the left pane, righ-click Bookmarks
- Select New Folder
- etc.

You can drag your ES CLI bookmarks to this new folder.
void
Developer

Re: Feature Request: Option to hide a filter/bookmark from the bookmarks/filters panel

Post by void »

Macros allow you to define short macro names for searches.
The same way bookmark and filter macros work.

Macros are currently hidden from the UI.
I have on my TODO list to add a macro organizer.
Ralf_Reddings

Post by Ralf_Reddings »

I think I have been misunderstood, perhaps I did not explain myself well.

Ideally there should be a option to hide a entry, whether its a folder or a bookmark item, from the bookmarks panel in the sidebar.

The user can still see all bookmark folders and items, hidden or not, in the "Organize Bookmarks - Everything" pop up window.

This would greatly help in potentially decluttering the bookmarks panel, for example only showing bookmarks the user has deemed to be only relevant to the Everything GUI window, not bookmark items intended for use only in ES cli, Directory Opus, etc etc.

@NotNull
Your solution would still mean that the folder will show up in the bookmarks side panel.

@Void
Custom Macros are neat for sure, but they are not as extensive as what one can achieve with bookmarks. I very much want to use bookmarks via the bookmarks side panel