Some Directories Not Being Found and Word Files in Explorer Show .DOCX But in Everything as .ASD?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
capteelingurdian

Some Directories Not Being Found and Word Files in Explorer Show .DOCX But in Everything as .ASD?

Post by capteelingurdian »

Hi,

Since about pm yesterday lots of the Word files I created are being saved in Windows as .DOCX, but only appear in Everything with the

.ASD

extensionn.

Also, just created a folder called, WhyASD - and it's not found...at all, thught I save files to it.

Plus, a new Word file was found, and AS .DOCX?

But, there are now a bunch - like five? - word files from yesterday that SHOW as .docx in Explorer, but only can be found in Everything as .asd.

Plus, that weird directory that can't be found BUT...I can find it's PARENT directories?

Really strange.

What do you think is happening?

Sincerely,

Captee
void
Developer

Re: Some Directories Not Being Found and Word Files in Explorer Show .DOCX But in Everything as .ASD?

Post by void »

Could be database corruption..

See if forcing a rebuild helps:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Indexes tab on the left.
  • Click Force Rebuild.
  • Click OK.
hamid56

Re: Some Directories Not Being Found and Word Files in Explorer Show .DOCX But in Everything as .ASD?

Post by hamid56 »

in completing David guidance i think your office don't save word correctly because asd file is created by a protecting-backpacking process by word for preventing data loss by any unexpected event and in many computer you can find some such asd files.
for now you can easily rename all asd extension to docx for better sense.
(select all asd files at Ev1.5 then press f2 and change old format to %1.asd and new format to %1.docx).
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

@hamid56,
The .docx files are there, just not in Everything:
capteelingurdian wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:46 am But, there are now a bunch - like five? - word files from yesterday that SHOW as .docx in Explorer, but only can be found in Everything as .asd.