Which software has Everything integrated?

Plug-in and third party software discussion.
therube

Re: Which software has Everything integrated?

Post by therube »

freefilesync ... suggested that Everything be integrated ... Strange because zenju often does reply.
To me, seems like some developers, have a product, that works a particular way, & they are very adverse from diverging from that path - & very possibly for good reason.

zenju seems that way. I also believe that while he may not reply, does not mean that he has not read. And in that respect, possibly, sometime in the future, maybe even sometime in the far distant future, you will see a feature picked up (or a long forgotten "bug" fixed, or at least the reason the bug appeared, explained [as often it is not a FFS issue, but other OS bug]).
AuralVirus

Post by AuralVirus »

Snip Do formerly Pantherbar has a plug-in / extension capabilities both user and developer created.
SnipDo productivity tool offers Quick Actions for selected Text

Review
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/snipdo-productivity-tool

For me it's the perfect partnership.
I must use the combo a 100 times a day.

Being able to highlight a word, for then a row of buttons, with as many uses as you can imagine (just check the list), to appear above the selected term enabling the option to bring up Everything with an auto search is an answer to an issue I had since leaving OSX over 10 years ago. (Snip Do from basics such as search the term on multiple browsers, save selected text to txt/rtf and editor of choice, cut/copy/paste, check/correct spelling outside of editors/ to running cmd lines or create your own script or Hotkey extension, its as deep as your abilities (with in reason.)

Thanks for eh Everything, such an awesome tool.
Last edited by AuralVirus on Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Nice one, AuralVirus!
For others: link and review.

(A bit like Textify, but with more options/ )

Will add it to the list. Thank you for sharing!
therube

Post by therube »

zenju seems that way. I also believe that while he may not reply, does not mean that he has not read. And in that respect, possibly, sometime in the future, maybe even sometime in the far distant future, you will see a feature picked up (or a long forgotten "bug" fixed
13 Sep 2019, REQUEST: ability to RENAME
20 Aug 2023, REQUEST: ability to RENAME, "Rename (F2)" has been added!
https://freefilesync.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6618

(So "Snip Do" is an "app", so hopefully nothing I'll ever run across.)
Xavierarmand

Post by Xavierarmand »

DIRECTORY OPUS!!! https://www.gpsoft.com.au
an wonderfully overpowered windows explorer replacement!
i love it! and could not navigate a windows machine without it and Everything! :D

from the quick\hotkeys settings you can search everything's directory db in the local folder using the " - " and your string, or your whole machine with " + " from within the program. additionally Dopus can use everythings db to get the sizes the of folders on your computer. its amazing when you can load the content info of 12-TB of media drives in just seconds! just wow...

if you cant write code the sky is the limit! ive have dopus and everything set up with dedicated one tap hotkeys for each program. and them from within them more hot keys to send filenames and\or directory paths between the two of them.

if your a tech qeek check them out. its an fantastic piece of software, even without everything's integration. .... which is new in v13 a couple months ago, before then it was possible from scripts shared thru the forums and\or GitHub. now it offical and all that jazz.
Replace Windows Explorer and don't look back
Our unique Explorer Replacement mode provides a full replacement for Windows Explorer.
Single or dual pane file display and folder trees
Tabbed interface let you keep multiple folders open and switch quickly between them
Integrated viewer, metadata editor and utility panel
Built-in tools including synchronize and duplicate file finder
Leverage indexed search engines like Windows Search and Everything
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Xavierarmand wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:56 pm DIRECTORY OPUS!!! https://www.gpsoft.com.au
How could I forget to add this one :o :shock: (I even use it myself ... )

Very well done integration of Everything.
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

NotNull wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:53 pm
Xavierarmand wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:56 pm DIRECTORY OPUS!!! https://www.gpsoft.com.au
How could I forget to add this one :o :shock: (I even use it myself ... )

Very well done integration of Everything.
Its major disadvantage is that it's overpriced, and they want money for each major upgrade.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

horst.epp wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:34 am Its major disadvantage is that it's overpriced, and they want money for each major upgrade.
Also irrelevant for this topic:

Directory Opus has changed it's licensing model as there were 7+ years between major versions. You now buy a version and get updates for a year. After that, you pay per year for updates/upgrades delivered in that year (or keep using the existing version without getting more updates/upgrades).

Price is all relative in my opinion. When you save one hour of time in an entire year, you already earned it back.
( and now I wonder at what price Everything would still be "profitable" in my case; couple of hundred of euros at least. I should donate more often .. )
Xavierarmand

Post by Xavierarmand »

NotNull wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:00 pm
horst.epp wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:34 am Its major disadvantage is that it's overpriced, and they want money for each major upgrade.
Also irrelevant for this topic:

Directory Opus has changed it's licensing model as there were 7+ years between major versions. You now buy a version and get updates for a year. After that, you pay per year for updates/upgrades delivered in that year (or keep using the existing version without getting more updates/upgrades).

Price is all relative in my opinion. When you save one hour of time in an entire year, you already earned it back.
( and now I wonder at what price Everything would still be "profitable" in my case; couple of hundred of euros at least. I should donate more often .. )
agreed. i have not used "explorer" in nearly 10 years. is effing HORRIBLE! ::GAG::

the $100ish i spent on Directory Opus are well worth it as i used it 100 times a day, every single time i boot my computer! not to mention its actually functional and customizable to the 10th degree! that's including two version upgrades, the 2nd version was deeply discounted.

i would have gladly paid full price, again, not to have to look at microsofts 27 year old heap of flaming trash that is explorer that they haven't bothered upgrading for us in a generation! what have they given us since 2000.... Advertisements? TV Commercials ? :lol:

think about it... if explorer was functional there would be no need for 3rd party tools such as Everything or Directory Opus.

if you cant bother to support computer developers who exercise their innovated talent, there are still free options that can replace explorers lacking skill set such as FreeCommander.

but im beating a dead horse. if Everything, Dopus, and MusicBee worked on linux id never look back....