Tab & Shortcut suggestions

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Tab & Shortcut suggestions

Post by meteorquake »

Some ideas -
1. Be able to multi-select tabs using shift/ctrl in the usual way, then drag them to a new position, or close them all by clicking an x on one of them or executing the close-tab command (unless you want a separate close-tabs command for people who want to distinguish)
2. My mouse has a double-click button. It would be handy to be able to double-click a tab to close it as you don't have to locate the x, whilst clicking the mouse middle scroll wheel to close a tab isn't very comfortable. I think such an idea would work out if there were some extra options in the form mouse-dblclick-tab however even better would be if the keyboard shortcuts assignable to commands could be generalised to include mouse designators with target as well as keys, in this case Action=DoubleClick, Tgt=Tab -- File|Close Tab. It could be that as well as the keys there could be an 'Add Mouse...' button as well as 'Add...', with 'Edit...' picking the appropriate dialog for the thing being edited.
David
void
Developer

Re: Tab & Shortcut suggestions

Post by void »

Selecting multiple tabs is on my TODO list.

I will consider an option to close tabs on double click.

Thank you for the suggestions.
meteorquake

Re: Tab & Shortcut suggestions

Post by meteorquake »

I think one of the advantages of assignable commands for this is that in due course if you had a command to highlight the tab colour 1 or colour 2 (customisable, e.g. red, blue), you could then say assign tab:double-click for red (toggle), tab:alt-double-click for blue (toggle) etc
d