remove object from result list

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
ChrisGreaves

remove object from result list

Post by ChrisGreaves »

A quick Advanced Search did not turn up any posts, let alone topics, which advise "how to remove an object from a result list on a temporary basis.
FindDuplicates_15.png
FindDuplicates_15.png (112.94 KiB) Viewed 182 times
I am preparing a PrtScr image to illustrate a point. In this example I do not need, nor do I want, that MSWord temporary file in my image.
I could exit MSWord which would remove the ~*.* file and give me a perfect screen-image, but then I have to reload MSWord/The document.

I have been using Everything 1.5 long enough (grin!) to know that Everything will always have what I want.
Which is to temporarily remove a selection of objects from the result list. (Talk about putting pressure on The Developer ... !)

I tried a right-click on ~$nd Duplicates.doc hoping to see a context menu "remove this item from the result list", but instead find a question from Windows.

Please and Thank You: What is the Everything method for removing a selection of one or more Objects/Items from a result list.
By Temporary I mean only for the fleeting instant that the specific result list is on my screen; once I refine or abandon my search, all bets are off.
Thanks, Chris
horst.epp

Re: remove object from result list

Post by horst.epp »

Index / Enable Result Omissions
In the results, right click on unwanted entry, click Temporarily Omit

Post by NotNull »

horst.epp wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:07 pm In the results, right click on unwanted entry, click Temporarily Omit
If this context menu entry does not show: "Right click > Temporarily Omit" is not always visible
(alternative: Menu => File => Temporarily Omit )
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Thank you NotNull. This did the trick (and taught me yet-another-menu-item!)
Cheers, Chris :D