Colourised details

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Colourised details

Post by meteorquake »

I'm a great fan of simple visual assistances.
When sizes are showing as bytes it would be good if the thousand part were slightly dimmed, so that the eye interprets the figures more naturally especially when in the gigabyte range. Perhaps an option to choose a colour in the advanced options (default same as normal text).
Similarly the fractional day part of a date, advance option defaulting to standard value.
Paths could have the slash a slightly different colour, again an advanced option colour. I think that would be quite nice.
I'm not sure of the perfect balance but I think it would be interesting to experiment. I think these sorts of colour assistance would work out like the colour highlighting of colourising syntax editors really help the eye. Once you've experienced those, having everything the same colour seems so much less good!
David
void
Developer

Re: Colourised details

Post by void »

I will consider custom size formatting (with formulas) and a HTML-font-color-attribute-like option to customize text color.

Thank you for the suggestion.
therube

Post by therube »

the thousand part were slightly dimmed
Any examples of programs that do that?
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

I do it for accounting reports, putting the pence as superscript and fainter :) I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one though... for computer files since we tend to think more in KB and MB, in byte mode the bytes are analogous to the pennies - d