Search Edit drop down list obscures vertical slider of main window issue

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Search Edit drop down list obscures vertical slider of main window issue

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

Take a look at how the slider / thumb / handle of my vertical slider is obscured by me filtering items using Search Edit:

Search Edit obscures Slider.jpg
Search Edit obscures Slider.jpg (100.98 KiB) Viewed 338 times

This is a very typical situation for me: propositions from the history of past searches are narrowed down to just 1 but even that merely 1 line is almost entirely blocking me from grabbing of slider - and thus [when I decide I do not want to utilize a former filtering expression] I either must aim very carefully for the slider it in order to grab it or click somewhere else in order to first make the list with historic searches close itself. This is very annoying and slowing down my workflow

I know I can make Search Edit bar switch places with that of Filter bar - but I do not want to. Plus some users use right-to-left reading order and also might have the same issues. And so I propose:
adding some empty space to accommodate such usage cases / elements arrangements

Alternatively:
there could be implemented a new feature for adding of empty-space-area and / or of separator, alike to that one in for example Mozilla Thunderbird where I can arrange quite freely buttons on its Menu Bar and Mail Toolbar by not placing them precisely but by moving them around along with added and removed Space and Flexible Space elements [as it is how they are called in Thunderbird]

Thunderbird customizable spaces.jpg
Thunderbird customizable spaces.jpg (130.8 KiB) Viewed 332 times

This more advanced approach could then become a basis for a hypothetical addition of various buttons and check boxes that users would have a possibility of including in theirs main or extra bars
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Re: Search Edit drop down list obscures vertical slider of main window issue

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

This obscuring is still happening in version 1.5.0.1371a x64 Portable
void
Developer

Re: Search Edit drop down list obscures vertical slider of main window issue

Post by void »

I'll have this fixed in the next alpha update.

For now: Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> scrollbar_dark_theme -> Set Value to: (Use default)