Folder Tree Highlight

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Folder Tree Highlight

Post by meteorquake »

In the folder bar when you click on the folder it highlights
It would be good if all the parent folders highlighted too (in a different customisable colour), or if that's an issue then at least the immediate parent
Cheers, David
void
Developer

Re: Folder Tree Highlight

Post by void »

I will consider highlighting the parent folders of the current selection in the folder sidebar.

Thank you for the suggestion.
meteorquake

Re: Folder Tree Highlight

Post by meteorquake »

Cheers - I suppose you have the situation where multiple folders are selected which there are several ways to approach (skip colouring always, skip colouring if more than n selected, show all possible parents, show first common parent, just show first parents of the selection (and if a single one then its parents if needed)). I think it's not too much of a concern how to deal with such a scenario, although if the selected folders are all siblings it might be nice to have the usual colouring showing if simple to do. I can see you can maintain a min/max parent path when adding to the selection but removing an item would presumably involve recalculating the new min/max (if counts were not maintained) except where min=max. I suppose a dictionary of parents with counts of selected items could work out at a push.