Is this currently possible

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
vsub

Is this currently possible

Post by vsub »

I am not requesting a feature,just wondering if it is possible(Everything have so many hidden features I don't know about)

1.Is it possible to create a bookmark that will overwrite the current tab only if the search field is empty
2.I have the option that hides Everything when I close the window and I also have the option to create a new tab instead of a new window but if I close everything and then click on the tray icon,it will make the window visible as before but now it will also create a new tab
Is it possible to avoid that?
If there is no visible windows,when clicking on the tray icon,it will bring the recent window and if there is a visible window,it will create a new tab in that window
Because of how it works now,I close the window and click on the tray icon,this brings the window and create a new tab,then I close the window again and clicking on the tray icon which will bring the window back and create yet another tab
void
Developer

Re: Is this currently possible

Post by void »

1.Is it possible to create a bookmark that will overwrite the current tab only if the search field is empty
Currently, no.
This should be doable with autohotkey or other third party scripts.

You can set the search, but not other search options with /expand:

For example:

/expand <iflen:$currentsearch:,$currentsearch:,"abc 123">

(sets the search to abc 123 if the current search is empty. Otherwise, sets the search to the current search)

/expand

it will make the window visible as before but now it will also create a new tab
This is a bug.
Thank you for bringing the issue to my attention.
I'll have this fixed in the next alpha update.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1362a fixes an issue with creating a new tab when showing a hidden window.

The tab is no longer created.
vsub

Post by vsub »

void wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:39 am Everything 1.5.0.1362a fixes an issue with creating a new tab when showing a hidden window.

The tab is no longer created.
Yes it is fixed but another problem came back
Creating new tabs is using the current view mode and that was fixed few versions ago
If the current view mode is set to thumbnails,a new tab will have the same view mode and if I switch to details,a new tab will have details view mode
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything will use the default view setting under Tools -> Options -> Home -> View.

There is a bug here.
When setting the default view to details, then header will be missing when creating a new tab from a tab viewing thumbnails.
This will be fixed in the next alpha update.
vsub

Post by vsub »

Tools -> Options -> Home -> View

The option is already set to details but I just found something weird
When I set the view mode to anything other than "(use last value)" or details and hit apply,when I create a new tab it will correctly display everything in the new tab according to the thumbnails size I choose
BUT,if I set it back to details and hit apply,it will act as if I am still using the thumbnails size I choose before selecting details

If I switch to a tab that is in details mode,new tabs will be in details mode even if the view is set to any thumbnails size
If I switch to a tab that is in thumbnails mode,new tabs WILL use the thumbnails size view mode set in the options which can be different than the current tab thumbnails size

When I downgrade to 1361,all of the problems I mention above are fixed
The view option set is used when I open a new tab regardless of what the current tab view mode is
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thanks for confirming vsub,

Tools -> Options -> Home -> View is currently broken.

It will be fixed in the next alpha update.

For now, keep using 1361 or set Tools -> Options -> Home -> View to (Use default)
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1364a fixes a rendering issue with the header when changing the tab and using a home view.