Off-Line Drives - Retain Data on reindex

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Off-Line Drives - Retain Data on reindex

Post by meteorquake »

When you reindex, for example I just clicked on the index Folder Size which I use sometimes and then remove, in the scan that follows you lose the offline drive files/folders. But that info is very useful.
It would be handy to retain those but mark for rebuild whenever they become online again. In the case of adding e.g. Folder Size it may be a case for display etc of marking per drive fields that are absent or adding a new column of info filled with a special value indicating absence of data (e.g. all bits set for Folder Size). On removing a column I presume a rescan is not actually required anyway (though perhaps it does one) just a modification of the existing data.
d
void
Developer

Re: Off-Line Drives - Retain Data on reindex

Post by void »

Everything should retain offline volumes in your index.

Offline volumes can be cleared if you cancel indexing. (Right click indexing progress in the status bar and click Cancel or press Ctrl + Break)

I suspect Everything is not seeing your volume as offline.
An empty volume is being scanned during the re-index.

I would need to see debug logs to confirm:
  • Add your removable volume to index. (Tools -> Options -> Indexes)
  • Please make sure automatically remove offline volumes is unchecked under Tools -> Options -> NTFS/FAT/ReFS.
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, under the Debug submenu, click Start Debug Logging.
  • Remove the volume from your PC
  • Toggle your Tools -> Options -> Indexes -> Index folder size setting.
  • Confirm the offline volume has been removed from your index.
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, under the Debug submenu, click Stop Debug Logging.
    ---This will open your Everything Debug Log.txt in Notepad.
  • Please forward this file to support@voidtools.com
With your offline volume missing from your index:
Could you please send your Tools -> Debug -> Statistics to support@voidtools.com