[feature request] add apply button to rename dialogue box

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
asamirid

[feature request] add apply button to rename dialogue box

Post by asamirid »

greetings..

in a lot of rename process situations i wanted to do more that one rename action to achieve the desired results.

for example; replace string "abc" with "xyz00_", replace string "oct" with "_oct2010", and add numbering.

now "as far as i know" i had to do these one by one three times, by pressing F2 to preform each action and hit OK

my suggestion is ..

1. add separator to preform multiple actions, separator like ";" or any like .. so i can make this

old format:
abc;oct
new format:
xyz00_;_oct2010

2. add "apply" or "append" button to rename dialogue box, when used apply current action and update values for related fields like ..

old filenames, old format, new format, new filenames

so i can continue the rename process without quitting the rename dialogue and press F2 to start it over.

i hope i made a point.

thank you.
therube

Re: [feature request] add apply button to rename dialogue box

Post by therube »

(I'm thinking that's outside the scope of Everything's Rename [at least currently].
You can probably do at least some of that, if you are good with regex, but I'd think it to be ugly [looking].
[I'm not that good with regex.]
There are dedicated renamers out there that are probably better suited.
And even with some of them, you still might need to do multiple passes to get things "completely" renamed.)
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

When the files are renamed, you will return to the result list. The renamed files are still selected in this list, so pressing 'F2' again (or menu:File => Rename) will re-open the rename dialog with these files.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

I too would like to Apply [Reload / Refresh] button, instead of having to re-open this renaming window