Feature Request: Option to Apply Filters Before or After Search Criteria in Everything

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
linkun

Feature Request: Option to Apply Filters Before or After Search Criteria in Everything

Post by linkun »

When using Everything, I've observed that it always processes the entered search criteria first before applying any filters. This sequence can sometimes lead to slower search results. For example, when I search with the content:"balabala", and use a filter like ext:ps1, the search would be significantly faster if the filter was applied initially.
However, I understand that some users might define filters that could adversely affect search speeds, making it inefficient to apply filters first in those cases.
Would it be possible to introduce an option allowing users to choose whether filters are applied before or after the search criteria?
void
Developer

Re: Feature Request: Option to Apply Filters Before or After Search Criteria in Everything

Post by void »

Unfortunately, there's no way to change the search order with active filters in Everything 1.4.

Use filters macros to specify the order.

For example:

my-ps1-filter-macro-name: content:"balabala"

Everything 1.5 will reorder your search.
Faster filters are applied first.

If you would like to try this now, please check out the Everything 1.5 alpha.

Everything 1.5 search reordering.