Webpage Customize with company branding wording, logo and Localhost address

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
saadalicalgary

Webpage Customize with company branding wording, logo and Localhost address

Post by saadalicalgary »

Hello,

Is there any way I can change "everything" which I can see on the HTTP web page with my wording and Logo?

Also, how can I change the web address from a local host/server name to customize one?

Help is appreciated it. 8-)

Thank you.
Attachments
Void.jpg
Void.jpg (54.26 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
NotNull

Re: Webpage Customize with company branding wording, logo and Localhost address

Post by NotNull »

Change the default HTTP files

To use another name than 127.0.0.1 or localhost, you need to change name resolving. That can be done through reconfiguring a (caching) DNS server. Some routers also have support for this.

But for a "home alone setup", the easiest way is to change the local hosts file:

1. Add the following line to "c:\windows\drivers\etc hosts":

Code: Select all

127.0.0.1       calindex01
2. Restart your network stack.
saadalicalgary

Post by saadalicalgary »

Thanks for your reply. This is a network server, and I am trying to add an address like peclindex.com. Also, any guide on securing everything HTTP link? So users can access HTTP with a secure and particular web address?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.,
saadalicalgary

Post by saadalicalgary »

Also, I don't see in your comment how to change the logo, customize the welcome message etc...
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

saadalicalgary wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:08 pm Thanks for your reply. This is a network server, and I am trying to add an address like peclindex.com. Also, any guide on securing everything HTTP link? So users can access HTTP with a secure and particular web address?
The Everything HTTP Server is for simple use cases. If you need more complex functions, like domain integration, you will need a (reverse) proxy server like nginx to handle that. Same with https. You need to acquire the necessary certificates from a certificate authority (Let's Encrypt for example)

saadalicalgary wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:10 pm Also, I don't see in your comment how to change the logo, customize the welcome message etc...
See the link in my first post...