How do I stop everything from displaying more than 5000 files?

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
AutoSoft

Post by AutoSoft »

If there are too many list files, loading them all into the control will take up a lot of memory and CPU.
I don't know if you use the virtual list box function, for example, only 100 rows can be seen on the software, then only 100 rows will be loaded, and only 101-200 rows will be loaded when you page down?
As soon as I opened the software, I saw that millions of files were loaded, and I was scared.
void
Developer

Re: How do I stop everything from displaying more than 5000 files?

Post by void »

Include the following in your search:

count:5000

You shouldn't see any performance loss or extra RAM usage due to the number of files in the result list.
AutoSoft

Post by AutoSoft »

You're searching for up to N results, right?If I need to search for all that matches the criteria, just don't let him load them all onto the list control, showing the real quantity. Load only 100 rows or 300 rows onto the list control.
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

AutoSoft wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:08 am You're searching for up to N results, right?If I need to search for all that matches the criteria, just don't let him load them all onto the list control, showing the real quantity. Load only 100 rows or 300 rows onto the list control.
And what is the problem to only use that amount of data from the list control which you like ?
We use an AHK script to get te GUI results into a text file and there is no problem to just stop at any line.
AutoSoft

Post by AutoSoft »

horst.epp wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:08 am
AutoSoft wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:08 am You're searching for up to N results, right?If I need to search for all that matches the criteria, just don't let him load them all onto the list control, showing the real quantity. Load only 100 rows or 300 rows onto the list control.
And what is the problem to only use that amount of data from the list control which you like ?
We use an AHK script to get te GUI results into a text file and there is no problem to just stop at any line.
In general, if the Listview control displays search results, loading hundreds of thousands of rows will definitely take up more resources. If it supports virtual lists, it is one million rows of data and 1000 rows, and it will not be stuck when scrolling.
FOR A WEB VERSION OF SQL SERVER RESULT RECORDSETS DISPLAYED ON A DARAGRID OR LISTVIEW CONTROL, THE DIFFERENCE IN LATENCY OR SMOOTHNESS IS GREATER.