Is there an option to not display the file list when no search conditions are entered

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
AutoSoft

Is there an option to not display the file list when no search conditions are entered

Post by AutoSoft »

Is there an option to not display the file list when no search conditions are entered, otherwise if you set up sorting by date or file name sorting, only the files on the computer have been modified, this file list will always be updated, display, and occupy the CPU.
When this option is checked, the file list will be displayed only once if you press F5 to refresh.
Click again on the list header sorting (file name, date modified) and he will display the record again.
No further actions to update the list will be performed.
Only the status bar in the lower left corner shows a total of several files on your computer, and this number changes all the time.
void
Developer

Re: Is there an option to not display the file list when no search conditions are entered

Post by void »

Tools -> Options -> Results -> Hide results when the search is empty.
AutoSoft

Re: Is there an option to not display the file list when no search conditions are entered

Post by AutoSoft »

void wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:49 am Tools -> Options -> Results -> Hide results when the search is empty.
This is a good feature, but I want to check the list of all files sometimes, so after I checked this setting,
Add another function, press F5 to display all files, display again when sorting column headers, and then the list will not be updated again.

I can do this by typing * in the search box, but I want him to keep the blank list again, so I need to remove the character * from the search box again.