Folder Bar : repositioning

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Folder Bar : repositioning

Post by meteorquake »

Quite commonly I have a lot of folders in the folder side bar and the current one has scrolled way out of view either through manual scrolling or because the sidefolder was hidden and then reshown, and then it's hard to spot the current active folder.
Currently the way to get back is to click into the search bar and hit tab, which focuses onto the folder bar and forces it to reposition itself so the current folder is visibly onscreen.
* I'm not sure that action is obvious to users, so maybe just clicking or double-clicking the Folders title should carry out that action to make the active position visible; and/or right-click of the Folder title having "Refocus" menu item that does the same.
* I think on the Folders right-click menu as well as "Explore Folder from Clipboard" there could be "Explore Folder from Active Item" which is equivalent to dragging a results item onto the folder title (if multiple items probably do no action) or the "Explore in Everything" right-click of a folder but also works for files. The advantage is that dragging always makes one a little cautious to drop it precisely on target and not accidentally drop it into a folder - especially where a person has naturally imprecise hand movements - whereas a right-click menu is inherently safe.
David
Last edited by meteorquake on Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Re: Folder Bar : repositioning

Post by therube »

Looks like hitting TAB a time or two (depending on where you are focused) will bring it back.

(Can't say I open Folders. Maybe one day I'll explore it?)
void
Developer

Re: Folder Bar : repositioning

Post by void »

I will consider an option to bring the focus into view from the folders title bar.

Thank you for the suggestion.

For now, click the folders title bar and press Space.