Size columns to fit window width

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Size columns to fit window width

Post by meteorquake »

I think another simplish but very useful idea.
Right-click column heading and have the menu option "Size Columns to Fit Window" since when the column widths have got out of hand (mine always seem to!) you usually want to reign them back in to window (usually screen) width. A certain amount of latitude available in guessing how to proportion them, but anything would be good...
David
froggie

Re: Size columns to fit window width

Post by froggie »

Shift right click on heading line and this option is in the context menu. Also, if columns do not fill the entire screen, right click on the empty column title and the same option is available. There is also a keyboard hot key (not tried)
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

Thanks - Shift-right-click seems to work. It's not an obvious one to try, and I tend generally to forget about Shift-Right-Click! It seems to add just that one menu item.
It may be worth adding the resizers as buttons or discrete links on the "Organise Columns..." dialog (in the middle of the vertical space on the right)
David
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

A better solution would be to have a button with which a user could switch between seeing own set widths of columns and getting all of them widened and / or shrank to accommodate the widest data of any item