Windows 11 Context Menu.

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
TopCatTim

Windows 11 Context Menu.

Post by TopCatTim »

Hello,

I use Windows 11; would it be possible to have the "Search Everything..." icon to be shown on the "first" Context menu when I right click on a folder without having to take the extra step of left clicking on "Show more options" at the bottom of the Context menu to open the "second" Context Menu where the "Search Everything..." icon is listed.

I use an app called Mp3tag & there is a shortcut for this app on the "first" Context Menu, thus having no need to take the extra step of having to click on "Show more options".

I hope you will be able to make this addition to such a wonderful app & I hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

Tim Cutler.
tuska

Re: Windows 11 Context Menu.

Post by tuska »

Hi,

Everything:
Menu "Tools" - Options... - General: ✅ Show Search Everything folder context menu item

Windows File Explorer
Mark folder -> Shift + F10 -> Search Everything 1.5a...

:?:
TopCatTim

Post by TopCatTim »

Hello Tuska,

Thank you for your reply to my post.

I have the setting in Everything: Menu "Tools" - Options... - General: ✅ Show Search Everything folder context menu item already ticked.

The Windows 11 right-click menu/Context Menu, is different to Windows 10.

I use Windows 11 & to get to the "Search Everything..." icon on the Context Menu, I have to right click on a drive or folder to bring up the Windows 11 Context Folder & then left click the bottom entry of this "first" menu, namely "Show more options" to get to the "second", more detailed Context Menu where the "Search Everything..." icon is listed.

I would like to see the "Search Everything..." icon on the "first" Context Menu & not have to take the extra step of having to click on "Show more options".

I hope this clarifies my suggestion.

Best wishes,

Tim Cutler.
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

TopCatTim wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:05 pm Hello Tuska,

Thank you for your reply to my post.

I have the setting in Everything: Menu "Tools" - Options... - General: ✅ Show Search Everything folder context menu item already ticked.

The Windows 11 right-click menu/Context Menu, is different to Windows 10.

I use Windows 11 & to get to the "Search Everything..." icon on the Context Menu, I have to right click on a drive or folder to bring up the Windows 11 Context Folder & then left click the bottom entry of this "first" menu, namely "Show more options" to get to the "second", more detailed Context Menu where the "Search Everything..." icon is listed.

I would like to see the "Search Everything..." icon on the "first" Context Menu & not have to take the extra step of having to click on "Show more options".

I hope this clarifies my suggestion.

Best wishes,

Tim Cutler.
This can be done by enabling the classic context menu.
There are several ways to do this, I use Winaero Tweaker.
https://winaerotweaker.com/?utm_source= ... t=aboutbox
Screenshot - 06.02.2023 , 17_33_58.png
Screenshot - 06.02.2023 , 17_33_58.png (243.75 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
TopCatTim

Post by TopCatTim »

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, suggesting I revert back to the classic context menu.

I am now used to the new Windows 11 Context Menu & would like to keep using it & not have to return to the classic context menu.

I suggest having a "Search Everything..." icon on the new Windows 11 Context Menu without having to left click "Show more options".

I use an app called Mp3tag & there is a shortcut for this app on the "first" Context Menu, thus having no need to take the extra step of having to click on "Show more options".

I hope this helps my request.

Best wishes,

Tim Cutler.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Showing the Search Everything context menu item in the new Windows 11 context menu is on my TODO list.

Thank you for the suggestion.
void
Developer

Post by void »

To install the Search Everything... context menu item:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the General tab on the left.
  • Check Show Search Everything folder context menu item.
  • Click OK.

Right click a folder and under Show more options, click Search Everything....

To show the classic context menu (so you don't need to click Show more options first):
  • From the Start menu, search for:
    regedit
  • Right click Registry Editor and click Run as administrator.
  • Create the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}
  • Create the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32
  • Restart your PC.
TopCatTim

Post by TopCatTim »

Hello Void,

Thank you for your replies & I hope you'll manage to get round to completing your TODO list.

Best wishes,

Tim Cutler.
Cris

Post by Cris »

Nice that it is on your todo list void. Hope we see it soon in "Windows 11" native context menu.
Suggestion: Please use only "Search" as title with the wonderful orange magnifying glass as icon :!: