Contextual Ctrl-Shift-Wheel Zoomer

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Contextual Ctrl-Shift-Wheel Zoomer

Post by meteorquake »

Currently the Ctrl-Shift-Wheel action is set to zoom, which zooms everything ("Zoom" action)
Can I suggest there be a "Zoom Component" or "Zoom Context" action available, so when assigned to say Ctrl-Shift-Wheel, when you do that over a pane it just zooms that pane.
Uses -
* Generally I'll want to increase readability of the results if I'm starting to get flag or tire, so I would selectively wheel-zoom the results list
* At other times I might want to see more items in the folder tree for a particular task and I'd then wheel-zoom over the folder tree.
* Generally I'd not want the menu zoomed ever as currently happens, since the menu is static so you know where things are on it and only used sporadically, but wheel-zooming over that component would then alter its size.
* Separate zooms likewise for the status bar and search bar, they would only be changed occasionally and like the menu wouldn't need to zoom when other things do.
The above for a proposed "Zoom Component/Context" action.
Cheers, David
void
Developer

Re: Contextual Ctrl-Shift-Wheel Zoomer

Post by void »

I could see this being useful for the preview pane.
Unfortunately, there's no way to control the zoom for preview handlers, unless they implement something themselves.

I'll consider an option to customize the zoom of each item.
Thank you for the suggestion.

For now, please consider increasing the font size for specific items.
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Fonts and colors tab on the left.
  • Select an item (for example, folder sidebar, status bar)
  • Set the desired font size.
  • Click OK.