Search History vertical scroll bar and Search icon on the left side

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Search History vertical scroll bar and Search icon on the left side

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

I propose either:
● adding a second Search [magnifying glass] / Close [X] icon on the left edge of the Search Edit bo
● moving this icon from right edge to left side
● give user a choice on which side this icon and / or vertical scrollbar of History should appear

The reasoning behind this is the 21:9 and 32:9 aspect ratio

In most cases when I use in Everything its Search feature and I do not find what I need, I then end up either at the beginning of this box re-writing something or choosing something from the Filter drop-own menu [which I keep on my left side]. So being forced repetitively to drag the mouse pointer all the way from left to right and back to left is just tiresome and annoying. It would be more convenient or users like me to have the icon and the vertical scroll bar of Search History available on the left side
void
Developer

Re: Search History vertical scroll bar and Search icon on the left side

Post by void »

I will consider showing the search icon/close button/scrollbar on the left.

Thank you your suggestion.
meteorquake

Re: Search History vertical scroll bar and Search icon on the left side

Post by meteorquake »

Yes, the X is on the wrong side for me too, the left side would be the place (for me). However despite that, its meaning is actually more intuitive to new users on the right just where it is unless it's visually within the searchbar itself.
* Perhaps it could be draggable to a new position?
* Perhaps the right-click menu for the search bar should have a "Clear" item that clears the bar?
* Perhaps middle-click in the search bar could also clear it - the whole bar is often more naturally clickable than a small X

Instead of clicking the X, what I usually do instead is use my hotkey for the window, since that highlights the search text and then I either type (to replace what's there) or hit Del (delete being meaningful when some folder or filter is also open).
I see there's a Search-Edit-Clear command that presumably clears the bar that users can also assign a hotkey to.

David