Window History?

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Window History?

Post by meteorquake »

I'm probably not alone in closing an Everything window of several and regretting it. I often have them precisely arranged with the right internal arrangement.
I wonder if a window closure event could be included in the History log for undoing? Window size and position and full state (or at least the basics but you probably already have a routine for recording state).
Perhaps in the undo history it could represent this by the search string with an icon beside or column symbol, and utilising it would restore the window with the search exactly or close to what it was...
I'm not sure such information needs to be stored long term, it could be held transiently against history ID for an hour or two and only when held show the symbol.
* Perhaps in the History dialog the Open button should also always have an Open New Window button as well, and that would cover the handling of these ones, so whether a history was the result of a closure or not, people would always have the option of opening in the current window or a new one.
David
Last edited by meteorquake on Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
void
Developer

Re: Window History?

Post by void »

Saving sessions is on my TODO list.

Like Firefox, the plan is to have a History -> Recently Closed Tabs/Windows option.

Thank you for the suggestion.
meteorquake

Re: Window History?

Post by meteorquake »

Cheers! I also added a bit at the end just as you were typing about a second button "Open New Window" for all history entries of any kind.

David