Bookmarks : Launch Program

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Bookmarks : Launch Program

Post by meteorquake »

Because the bookmarks are nicely orderable and folderisable, much more than the windows right-click (which is full of clutter), I'm thinking it would be convenient if Bookmarks had a parameter that could be used to launch a program with the selection passed to it.
For example you could have a program or batch file designated ".....theprogram.exe" params "%1"
and it would launch it when the bookmark was chosen.
I think if "%1" was spotted then on launching a multiselection it could use "file" "file"...
David
adamantine

Re: Bookmarks : Launch Program

Post by adamantine »

in january-2022 i was suggesting something like this

but instead of at least tiny support (from other forum users) i unfortunately got a very unwise/disappointing reply containing the following:
Polluting the (already full) main menu with those edge-case features will be one of those that "John and Jane" don't need and possibly don't even understand
horst.epp

Re: Bookmarks : Launch Program

Post by horst.epp »

adamantine wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:15 pm in january-2022 i was suggesting something like this

but instead of at least tiny support (from other forum users) i unfortunately got a very unwise/disappointing reply containing the following:
Polluting the (already full) main menu with those edge-case features will be one of those that "John and Jane" don't need and possibly don't even understand
If you show answers you don't like you should copy the full answer and not only parts of it.
We can see your attitude in the linked thread.
My comments about you postings are still valid.