Request for sample data

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
ChrisGreaves

Request for sample data

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Hi TheRube. After some thought and a LOT of wading around in the swamp of my own filestore, I have decided to create one or more small file sets to be used as sample data.
I reason that noone wants to clutter up their data partition with someone else's data, but a set of objects (files and folders) that will fit on a 1GB memory key should be a good start!

Those that want to can copy the entire key onto their data partition; those that don't can use the key as a drive, at the time they want.

So I would like to collect real-life examples of folders or data files (fullname, with path) that YOU have found interesting. No confidential data please!
If your file featured in a post or reply here, the link to the post will help future users.

Perhaps you have posed a question here about a path that tripped you up because it had "windows" in it twice.
Perhaps diacritics is your thing and there was this time that ...
Perhaps you have a small PDF file that didn't seem to work with Content:
and so on.

I am not sure how this will work out; I have no guidelines except SIZE!
I will not have the resources to trim large files down to a smaller size while retaining the essential parts.
My simple process for keeping the memory key file set to below 1GB will be to delete the largest file to make room for newer, and smaller files.

I would like to use this data set as examples for the User Tutorial, and of course, I don't want to go back and rewrite a section when I have had to delete the large example file. That suggests that I will tend always to favour smaller files for examples in the first place.

We will see what we will see.
Thanks, Chris