The best thing about Everything is ...

General discussion related to "Everything".
ChrisGreaves

The best thing about Everything is ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

... That the results list, once set, does not change its layout.

Had I not torn out a hair follicle every time Windows 3.1, 3.11, WFWG, Win95, Win 98, Win2000, Win XP, Win7, Win10 File Explorer switched from "Details" to "Large Icons", or switched to the search results window returned a few days ago, (For heaven's sake! These are DOCuments; they don't have a bit-rate!) or some other inexplicable layout based on the hour of day and the depth of snow on my driveway, I'd be pulling in, as we used to say, the chicks like you wouldn't believe,

For close on thirty years I have enquired in all manner of technical forums and been assured that if I just do this, then that, the File Explorer layout will not change ever again. This holds true until the next day or the next reboot or the next snowfall, whichever comes first.

Now, about Everything: I don't know what David has done to make the result list layout remain constant (until ***I*** want a change), but if he went and worked for Microsoft for just one day, I would buy a copy of Win11.
I promise!

Thanks David.
Chris
therube

Re: The best thing about Everything is ...

Post by therube »

(Well, of course, the real answer is: Everything.)
ChrisGreaves

Re: The best thing about Everything is ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

therube wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:38 pm (Well, of course, the real answer is: Everything.)
:thumbsup: