Excel functions with Everything

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
anmac1789

Excel functions with Everything

Post by anmac1789 »

Wouldn't it be cool if Excel and Everything was incorporated together sharing some functionalities that everything lacks excel has so that data organizing works seamlessly ?
void
Developer

Re: Excel functions with Everything

Post by void »

Thanks for your feedback anmac1789,

I do have on my TODO list to add a SQL server to Everything.

Excel would one day be able to connect to this SQL server.

For now, Everything can export as CSV or TSV.

Everything is adding more and more EXCEL functionality.
What would you like to see in Everything?
anmac1789

Post by anmac1789 »

Actually, I have over 1,702 pictures and videos that I am trying to further find duplicates for. I think you remember that I posted a thread about matching duplicates with more than 3 properties. SO anyway, I want to use excel with finding exact duplicates by rows. The problem I have now is that instead of selecting all same size duplicates and zooming into them making sure they are the same picture, double-checking the same 3 dates and times (I have made a custom short date and time format in excel using copyfilenames pro) and double-checking the filenames, I want to quickly and efficiently remove duplicates from one folder by matching each row as a duplicate (combination of name, size, 3 dates and times together) then highlighting each row as another colour then deleting those rows from everything. This way I can remove duplicates in batches of 10 files or more at the same time instead of going through each one
anmac1789

Post by anmac1789 »

I want to know how to narrow down search results in excel by only highlighting those cells for which a specific cell colour is highlighted with and to highlight those duplicates with the cell value contained within that cell colour and leave the rest of the cells. I could not find anything related to conditional fornatting related to cell colour and cell value together and/or searching by secondary duplicate values. Wierd as this may sound.