Shortlisted Result List

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
enduser

Shortlisted Result List

Post by enduser »

(if there is already a way to do this please help)

when working with files very spread out in a directory where sorting and/or regex don't help much, and you have to manually [ctrl/shift]-select the files and perform operations such as multi-rename, move/copy to folder, etc; it would be very helpful if you can drag/drop such files in a separate result list (it would help to have multiple of these open to separate more than 1 group of files) with all the features of the main result list but accepts drag and drop (you can sort of do this by drag/dropping the files in selection in the search bar, but the search bar looks very clustered and individual drag/drop overwrites the previously drag/dropped file path)

Thanks for Everything.
void
Developer

Re: Shortlisted Result List

Post by void »

A "work area" is on my TODO list.

The plan is to be able to drag/drop files/folders to this sidebar.

Thanks for the suggestion.

One way to do this now (although, it's not really designed for this) is to drag drop into a file list (Tools -> File List Editor), then open your file list (File -> Open File List) when you want to perform some action.
enduser

Post by enduser »

The plan is to be able to drag/drop files/folders to this sidebar.
i think having it as separate window(s) would be better
File List Editor
I use it, but it is very limited : (
(can you make it so that opening it with a selection of files opens it with the files added to the editor)
void
Developer

Post by void »

(can you make it so that opening it with a selection of files opens it with the files added to the editor)
Currently, no.

I will consider adding an option to do this.
Thanks for the suggestion.