everything lagging when indexing android device

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
anmac1789

everything lagging when indexing android device

Post by anmac1789 »

Whenever I click "force rebuild" or "rescan all now" I am getting alot of lag indexing files and folders from my samsung galaxy s8 which is plugged into my PC. Some folders don't even show files inside of it and indexing takes a very long time for 40-60 files it shouldn't take that long...the files are under 5 megabytes too
void
Developer

Re: everything lagging when indexing android device

Post by void »

Thank you for the issue report anmac1789,

Indexing USB devices is slow.
Very slow.

I have on my TODO list to look into ways to improve performance.

Folder indexing progress is shown under Tools -> Options -> Folders.
Does Everything appear to get stuck in a particular folder?

Does the lag occur only in Everything or the entire system?

Please consider trying another USB cable.
anmac1789

Re: everything lagging when indexing android device

Post by anmac1789 »

No it doesn't get stuck in a particular folder, but it's just that when I'm trying to index for example /DCIM/ or /Telegram/Documents or even Whatsapp Media/Images/ then nothing is showing up inside those folders even after changing USB ports or switching from a different manufacturer phone cable to OEM cable and vice versa. In the folders index option I have the base /Galaxy S8/Phone set as the default folder so it should index everything inside of it.

The lag doesn't appear to be in windows 10 explorer, it only appears to occur within everything 1.5a

I have a genuine samsung USB cable for a galaxy s8 I've tried USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 gen 1/2 ports as well and same problem

By the way are you back now ?