Orientation (width vs. height) of image not being detected?

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
TechnoFrolics

Orientation (width vs. height) of image not being detected?

Post by TechnoFrolics »

Hello. I recently encountered your program and think it is very cool - I appreciate your creating it.

I am unable to get the “orientation:” command to work. The “width:” command fails in the same manner as “orientation:” (and the “aspect-ratio:” command does not appear to function at all — perhaps deprecated?). Maybe I am doing something wrong syntactically, but if so, I am unable to figure out what it is...

DETAILS:

Everything Version 1.4.1.1017 (x64), running on Windows 11.

File, a JPG with Windows Properties showing “Width 4160 pixels”, “Height 6240 pixels”.

“Everything” behaves as follows:

1) “orientation:portrait” does NOT find the file. “orientation:landscape” DOES find it.

2) “width:4160” does NOT find file. “height:4160” DOES find.

3) For other truly landscape-oriented files with, instead, “Width 6240 pixels”, “Height 4160 pixels”:
a) “orientation:landscape” DOES find.
b) “height:4160” DOES find.

4) In other words, Everything appears to treat portrait-oriented pictures in all regards (at least in terms of commands above) is if they were landscape oriented. In yet other words, switching the image Width and Height values appears to have no effect.

Thoughts/comments? Am I doing something dumb? Is this a bug?

(PS I can upload the JPG image in question, if needed.)

Thanks,
David
void
Developer

Re: Orientation (width vs. height) of image not being detected?

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback TechnoFrolics,

Everything searches the true width and height properties which may differ to what is shown in your image viewer.
The jpg file is likely stored as 6240 x 4160 and the orientation is set to rotate 90/270 degrees.

The Orientation property in Everything 1.5 might help.

You can also access the Windows Width/Height properties in Everything 1.5 with the Windows Property System.
TechnoFrolics

Re: Orientation (width vs. height) of image not being detected?

Post by TechnoFrolics »

@void:

Thanks much for the quick response and suggestions! I downloaded v1.5 and am starting to poke around.

You were correct - images were set to rotate 90/270 degrees, and searching for that with "orientation:" is definitely finding them :-)

I may have more to add and/or ask, but wanted to get back to you promptly prior to express my appreciation.

Thank you,
David