Unable to login with Firefox

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Unable to login with Firefox

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

When I am in my go-to web-browser Firefox, then trying to login from ucp.php?mode=login results with the browser going the main page of forum, but bearing address like

Code: Select all

https://www.voidtools.com/forum/index.php?sid=123abc123abc
and not being logged it. This happens both if I use automatically KeePassXC or copy and paste the login and password by hand. But if I switch to Opera, then I have no problem with login in. This was happening also with earlier versions of Firefox, but now I have 101.0 (64-bit), while the Opera is Version:73.0.3856.329; on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746

I am present at multiple forums - and this is the only one where I experience such issue. Also with all other on-line services I have zero problems
Last edited by NotNull on Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotNull

Re: Unable to login with Firefox

Post by NotNull »

I use Firefox too (currently v101.0) and when using your ucp.php?mode=login link, I get the login prompt. After providing my credentials I am logged in.

Can you log in manually using this method?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Please try deleting any cookies for voidtools.com

Please make sure you allow cookies from voidtools.com
Thy Grand Voidinesss

I did have 3 cookies in Firefox. After removing them I could log in. But after login off I could not log in again. So I added a rule of allowing voidtools.com to store cookies just for session. That did not help. What helped was not using KeePassXC. But at the second test it also stopped working. So I checked for the cookies again and there were none but I still could not log in. I tired Opera and could not log in. So I checked and removed cookies from Opera - and now I am in

So I do not know what is happening here. I do not have VPN, Opera has zero plugins. I fear I will not be able to log in again or will have to use Edge; and then something else
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Well now it seems that I an login in Firefox - but only if I copy and paste my login and password, thus by using the automated process via KeePassXC

Well now it seems that I can login in Firefox - but only if I copy and paste my login and password, thus by not using the automated process via KeePassXC
Last edited by Thy Grand Voidinesss on Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
therube

Post by therube »

thus by using
Did you mean to say, "thus bypass using"?
Thy Grand Voidinesss

No (I just edited it)
Last edited by Thy Grand Voidinesss on Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

I just do not know what is happening

Some times I can login without a sweat using KeePassXC in Firefox - and other times I cannot