Everything File List Editor/Creator

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Stamimail

Everything File List Editor/Creator

Post by Stamimail »

1. I suggest to have the ability of auto-positioning side by side with ResultList for concienet drag&drop
(like Preview pane or using Tile command of Windows Task Manager)
2. When drag&drop of a folder, we have to allow the user to decide if he wants in Filelist only the folder without its descendants, or with its descendants.
Maybe to split the Filelist to 2 boxes: Folders box and FIles box. Folders box can accept only folders, and it means with their descendants. Files box can accept both folders and files, and it means folder without its descendants.
3. Terminology - What terminology to use for a folder with or without descendants? This terminology is also correct for "Temporarily Omit" use.
4. Temp filelist - As long as Everything didn't exit, the user will be able to name the filelist (and also make and name another Temp filelist), so that he will be able to use these Temp filelist names in SearchBar.
5. F2 on filelist0..9: in SearchBar opens Edit File List 0..9: - Shouldn't it be the same as Everything File List Editor/Creator?
void
Developer

Re: Everything File List Editor/Creator

Post by void »

1. I suggest to have the ability of auto-positioning side by side with ResultList for concienet drag&drop
(like Preview pane or using Tile command of Windows Task Manager)
I will consider auto-positioning (snapping) the file list editor to the Everything Search window.

2. When drag&drop of a folder, we have to allow the user to decide if he wants in Filelist only the folder without its descendants, or with its descendants.
Maybe to split the Filelist to 2 boxes: Folders box and FIles box. Folders box can accept only folders, and it means with their descendants. Files box can accept both folders and files, and it means folder without its descendants.
I will consider an option to do this.

3. Terminology - What terminology to use for a folder with or without descendants? This terminology is also correct for "Temporarily Omit" use.
What about:
"Add without subfolders and files"

4. Temp filelist - As long as Everything didn't exit, the user will be able to name the filelist (and also make and name another Temp filelist), so that he will be able to use these Temp filelist names in SearchBar.
Named file lists are on my TODO list.

For now, there is file list slots.

5. F2 on filelist0..9: in SearchBar opens Edit File List 0..9: - Shouldn't it be the same as Everything File List Editor/Creator?
The Edit File List 1 Dialog only needs filenames.
The File List Editor supports size, date modified, attributes, ordering and other functionality not needed for file list slots.

Thank you for the suggestions.