Search Bar initially left scrolled (1.5.0.1303a (x64))

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
meteorquake

Search Bar initially left scrolled (1.5.0.1303a (x64))

Post by meteorquake »

When I launch Everything with a suitably long query, eg

".....Everything64.exe" -newwindow -s* nop:SELF_Fraxinus_angustifolia_ssp_syriaca "D:\flowers\Photos\id\self\tree\Oleaceae\Fraxinus\angustifolia\Pla3166\"

the query text does not show fully in the search bar even though there is plenty of room but is offset to the left so a lot of it is invisible (often part of the path is hidden) unless you home the typing cursor to the start of the text eg using the [Home] key.
It's a little bit niggling as it happens regularly.

David
void
Developer

Re: Search Bar initially left scrolled (1.5.0.1303a (x64))

Post by void »

I assume you have Everything maximized?

This can occur when the normal (unmaximized) window size is small and Everything is maximized.

I will work on a fix.
Thanks for the bug report.
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

That does seem to be the reason - maximised window but small normal (I checked it doesn't happen on enlarging the normal).
I put Everything into a small size when I'm dragging things from it sequentially onto another application's drop spot.
David
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

meteorquake wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:57 pm That does seem to be the reason - maximised window but small normal (I checked it doesn't happen on enlarging the normal).
I put Everything into a small size when I'm dragging things from it sequentially onto another application's drop spot.
David
In such cases I simply drop into the symbol for the other application on the taskbar.
No need to change the Everything window for this.
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

That's viable if there's just one or two - dragging over taskbar and waiting for it to pop up - but when dragging many items sequentially in a specific order onto something, it's not practical to do it in that way. A ready example would be someone uploading 30 pics onto a facebook post and they want them to go on in a specific order (which is a daily occurrence when I'm posting a photographed plant onto a botany group).

David