Menu & Options ease...

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Menu & Options ease...

Post by meteorquake »

With more options and more to come, can I suggest that each option tab has a help link at the bottom that takes the user to a webpage dedicated to that tab where any useful explanations and tips can be immediately read without having to hunt the page down.

Also many programs now have a menu and settings search to enable ease of finding items, which can be very useful for more infrequent items. I'm not sure if that's on the todo. I suspect it could be as simple as clicking on the results and it opens the options on the appropriate tab or drops down the correct menu to view. That will help people remember where it is anyway :)

I notice the plan to provide customisation too which will be great - I'm one of the many people who can't get beyond MS Office 2003 because of the change to ribbons. Hopefully that will be fully so (every command being available for building the customisation).

David
void
Developer

Re: Menu & Options ease...

Post by void »

With more options and more to come, can I suggest that each option tab has a help link at the bottom that takes the user to a webpage dedicated to that tab where any useful explanations and tips can be immediately read without having to hunt the page down.
I will consider a help button to take the user to:
https://www.voidtools.com/support/everything/options/

Also many programs now have a menu and settings search to enable ease of finding items, which can be very useful for more infrequent items.
A search for the options window is on my TODO list.
The plan is for a search box above the treeview on the left.
The search would look for the setting name, setting help and ini variable name.

Thank you for the suggestions.
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

void wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:40 amThe plan is for a search box above the treeview on the left.
I think it would be mighty nifty if the regular search bar could be used, displaying search suggestions below any search history in the dropdown, including a brief description.
void
Developer

Post by void »

I will consider an option to show settings/ini settings in the main search box.

Thank you for the suggestion.