Macro View settings (1.5) : "Get Current View"

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Macro View settings (1.5) : "Get Current View"

Post by meteorquake »

The new view settings are a good improvement.
Actually, what would be good would be to define the Preview pane too, and I guess subsequently the Folders pane.
For example, some tasks I'll want the Preview open as large as possible with the thumbs minimally as a single vertical column at the side, other tasks the opposite, with multi columns of thumbs and a smaller preview.
In an ideal world I think with thumbs + preview the preview pane is best defined in the macro by how many thumb columns you want and it gets the remainder, although if after running you shrink the thumbs you don't want the preview pane to change since usually in doing so you are simply trying to see more thumbs. For non-thumb views it's best defined as % of screen width.
Because those ideals are a bit incompatible I suspect % of screen with is the best compromise.
* I think what would be very useful would be a "Get Current View" that picks up the current underlying viewing type/thumbnail size, whether the preview or folder pane is open, where their boundaries are, columns, their orders and sizes, sorting order, and fills in the settings for you with everything. You can then do any touches to that. And beside each individual Filter/Macro's view-setting you could have a discrete symbolic button that gets specific individual settings from the current underlying view, so people can have a choice of getting the settings in bulk or individually.
David
void
Developer

Re: Macro View settings (1.5) : "Get Current View"

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback meteorquake,

I have on my TODO list to add a remember layout option to the bookmarks.

This would remember things like the folder sidebar and preview pane. (and possibly the widths of these panes)

Thank you for the suggestion.