Video Icon Symbol

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Video Icon Symbol

Post by meteorquake »

Probably many, like me, use Everything to sort out photos, and prune them down since we take an excess of photos intending to do that. Amidst the photos there may be sporadic videos, in my case usually of birds (since most of my photos are stills of plants).
Currently in grid thumb mode the videos display a frame without a symbol indicating it's a video and it's very easy to mistake it for a poor quality photo and without thinking delete it.
What would be ideal would be a video symbol so this doesn't happen, such as a red symbol in the bottom right corner. Possibly edge it in a decent white bordering in case it is overlaid on something red.
Cheers!
David
NotNull

Re: Video Icon Symbol

Post by NotNull »

Are these videos still being shown after you activated the Picture filter? (Menu:Search > Picture)
void
Developer

Post by void »

An option to show the associated program icon is in development.

To enable this feature in Everything 1.5:
  • In Everything 1.5, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /thumbnail_show_icon=1
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

Thanks - Program icon will maybe help although in my case both image and video icons are a similarish colour (Irfanview/VLC) - I'll try out the portable one and see it in practice.

Re the comment from NotNull, I am looking for the videos to be there in the results, but I just don't want accidentally to assume any are a photo and find I hit the delete button :)

David