Show keyboard shortcut in Filter Dropdown

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
burgundy

Show keyboard shortcut in Filter Dropdown

Post by burgundy »

When I assign a keyboard shortcut to a Search Filter, it gets displayed on the menu dropdown for "Search".

Would it be possible to include this name of the keyboard shortcut in the dropdown of the Filter combo box itself?

All that is there are descriptions of the filters. Admittedly, a user might not need a keyboard shortcut when operating the FIlter dropdown but nevertheless he could note it mentally if he chooses to apply the filter again soon afterwards and prefers to use a keyboard.

Just my two cents worth!
raccoon

Re: Show keyboard shortcut in Filter Dropdown

Post by raccoon »

Seems like it would just take up additional real estate, when any user can rename their filters to include the shortcut name in the filter name. Spaces are allowed.
burgundy

Re: Show keyboard shortcut in Filter Dropdown

Post by burgundy »

That's exactly what I do but it's a chore to maintain changes to shortcuts, especially when it could be automatic.

Another problem with this is when a large font is used in the address bar and then also gets used in the Filter combo. This means a 6cm wide Filter is not large enough to contain more than 20 characters. (I use path names in the Filter presets to search within certain directories and a 20 abbreviated name of a path to a direrctory is typical.) This means a wider Filter combo starts to displace the search bar too much.