Shift+Delete to delete history item

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
7jdsf9

Shift+Delete to delete history item

Post by 7jdsf9 »

I'd like to propose a keyboard shortcut for deleting a search history entry from within the search edit's history popup.

It's very common in Windows to have the hotkey Shift+Delete for deleting an entry from a suggestions popup list, so I keep trying to use it in Everything as well.
therube

Re: Shift+Delete to delete history item

Post by therube »

(In Everything 1.5 alpha), DEL works (looks to work) to delete from both the Search Bar dropdown history & also the Search History dialog.

(Not sure about Everything 1.4 offhand.)
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

Yes, regular Delete key will remove the currently selected/hovered item in the History dropdown in 1.4 versions as well.

Everything v1.5 alpha supports both Delete and Shift+Delete. 1.4 does not support Shift+Delete.

(Context: Shift+Delete is what modern browsers do use to delete addressbar and autocomplete history items, so it's a familiar keystroke.)
7jdsf9

Post by 7jdsf9 »

Aaah, I thought it wouldn't make sense to have Delete do this, because your cursor could be anywhere inside the search term, but I now see that cannot be the case if you select something from the drop-down menu. Thanks for the explanation!