changes in new versions

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
harryray2

changes in new versions

Post by harryray2 »

Could you possibly show, when listing new version changes, any feature(s) that's been permanently or temporarily removed?

I update my version religiously but keep a backup of the previous two versions in case anything I use has been removed.

Thanks.
therube

Re: changes in new versions

Post by therube »

If you're talking about 1.5, the "Changes" section in the first post in Everything 1.5 Alpha does a pretty good job.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Yes, I'm not disputing that but it doesn't seem to list any of the features that have been removed.
One example is full_row_select_double_click_path which was removed in 1266a and reinstated in 1267a or 1268a (can't remember which).

Admittedly there hasn't been many removals (that I know of anyway) but it would be nice to know
void
Developer

Post by void »

I will avoid removing any features.

full_row_select_double_click_path was added in 1265a (it was experimental)
full_row_select_double_click_path was removed in 1266a as it needed a redesign. (with the intention of re-adding it)
full_row_select_double_click_path was re-added in 1267a.

Reverting the changes with the initial full_row_select_double_click_path was far easier than trying to add a fix for v1266a.

I don't add all minor changes to the change log. (there's too many)
I will consider showing all changes in a spoiler tag.
Thanks for the suggestion.

During alpha, please expect to see some experimental features added/tweaked/removed between versions.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Brilliant, thanks....