multi folder paste problems

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
harryray2

multi folder paste problems

Post by harryray2 »

I can't seem to get this to work...
Is it done with just the clipboard function or can it be done with drag and drop (if it isn't done with drag and drop could this be implemented)?

Could you please let me know how to copy the files to multiple folder...A step by step idiots guide would be useful.

If it makes any sort of difference I have disabled full row select in options menu and I use teracopy for file copying.
This is my 'must have' feature. I though I had this working but I can't seem to do it now.
harryray2

Re: multi folder paste problems

Post by harryray2 »

For some reason I managed to copy (no idea how) something but instead of copying to my folder it seems to have duplicated the folder within the same folder.

There's no way I can duplicate this but I think it does make a confirmation dialogue, as mentioned by Mizufluffy very important.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

OK, I think I've sussed it, I was being incredibly thick...I didn't realise it was just a copy and paste operation.

Copy the file, highlight the destinations in Everything and then paste. I assume this is the only way to do it?
As I mentioned before, is there any way of also including a drag and drop?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Copy the file, highlight the destinations in Everything and then paste. I assume this is the only way to do it?
Yes, Everything will intercept the paste verb and call the paste verb for each individual folder. (instead of calling one paste verb for multiple selected folders)

In other words, Right click -> Paste or Ctrl + V to paste into multiple folders.

Drag-drop will currently only paste to the drop-target. (not the current selection)
Drag-drop is harder to intercept as it is managed by the shell.