exclude list, enable and disable from menu instead of going into options

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
harryray2

exclude list, enable and disable from menu instead of going into options

Post by harryray2 »

Would it be possible , rather than having to go to options to enable or disable the exclude list to toggle the list from the menu?

Thanks.
harryray2

Re: exclude list, enable and disable from menu instead of going into options

Post by harryray2 »

For version 1.5
void
Developer

Post by void »

Indexes -> Enable Temporary Excludes might be helpful?

When enabled, you can right click files/folders -> Add to temporary excludes.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Thanks, I noticed that but I was wondering if I could use my existing list that is in options...it's quite a long list and I can't see a way of copying the entries and transferring them over to the temp list.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

harryray2 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:31 pm Thanks, I noticed that but I was wondering if I could use my existing list that is in options...it's quite a long list and I can't see a way of copying the entries and transferring them over to the temp list.
You will have to ad these entries manually to the Temporary Exclude List (Menu:Index > Show All Temporary Excludes... )

Another option would be to create your own Filter.
For example, I defined a Filter 'NoNonsense' that excludes folders I have no interest in (most Windows folders, browser profile, etc) and made that my default filter. On the (rare) occasion that I have to find something in those folders, I temporarily enable the 'Everything' filter.
But if you have a lot of files/folders in your Everything database, adding to Temporary Excludes is faster (= returns your search results quicker).
void
Developer

Post by void »

If you would like, please send me your Everything.ini and I'll convert it to a Temporary Excludes.csv to be imported.

I will consider adding Copy (Ctrl + C) support to the Tools -> Options -> Exclude list.

Drag-dropping and pasting to the Temporary exclude list (Index -> Show All Temporary Excludes) is supported.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Thanks...I've now built up the list.

I also tried the import option for the filters list but that didn't seem to work.

Would it be possible to add the ability of having more than one temporary exclude list (sometimes I nees to exclude differen files and/or folders) and having a toggle on the menu to enable/disable the exclusion list in options?
void
Developer

Post by void »

I also tried the import option for the filters list but that didn't seem to work.
What happened?
Would it be possible to add the ability of having more than one temporary exclude list (sometimes I nees to exclude differen files and/or folders) and having a toggle on the menu to enable/disable the exclusion list in options?
I will consider multiple temporary exclude lists.
Maybe groups or tabs..

Thank you for the suggestion.
harryray2

Post by harryray2 »

Thanks, a multiple temporary exclude lists would be sooooo useful.

I can't remember what happened when I tried to import to the filters list. I'll try it again and let you know.