Right click 'Copy Dropbox link' not working through Everything

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
mrcanary45

Right click 'Copy Dropbox link' not working through Everything

Post by mrcanary45 »

Hi there!

Loving Everything, it's so fast! I do however run into an issue quite often. Whenever I search for a file that is in my dropbox, the right click menu shows 'Copy Dropbox link'. Usually in Windows Explorer this works great and it generates a Dropbox link. When I use this feature through Everything though, it gives me a local link to the file on my computer (C:/Users....).

Weird thing is I do get the dropbox notification that a link has been generated succesfully, but it never is on my clipboard. Could Everything be overwriting this?

Thanks!
NovaRanger

Re: Right click 'Copy Dropbox link' not working through Everything

Post by NovaRanger »

I have a small idea to verify if the clipboard is being overwritten..

If you are on windows 10, pressing {Window}+{V} will show clipboard (you might have to turn it on if it's the first time).
Then repeat the "Copy Dropbox link"...
Then {Window}+{V} to verify.
mrcanary45

Post by mrcanary45 »

NovaRanger wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:10 pm I have a small idea to verify if the clipboard is being overwritten..

If you are on windows 10, pressing {Window}+{V} will show clipboard (you might have to turn it on if it's the first time).
Then repeat the "Copy Dropbox link"...
Then {Window}+{V} to verify.
Yes, that shows it first copies the 'Copy Dropbox link' with the correct link to dropbox to share. But after that there is an entry that is a local link to the file on my PC.
NovaRanger

Post by NovaRanger »

Okay,
I see that you have already mentioned that the Windows based copy works fine,

yet, please do the same thing again on the same file; (just for double check)
Right click > Copy Dropbox link while in windows explorer
It's single URL right?

Then,

May be we can work this out with a AHK script,
unfortunately, I don't have dropbox on my machine, but how I would approach this is 2 ways,
1: Find out what the context actually executes; checked by File Type context managers; (one can also dig around in the registry but I prefer this as it's easy, just download free one if you are game)
↳ Copy that argument and write it directly on Everything's options > context Menu and try it out..

2: Utilize AHK Onclipboardchange function and go from there...

Let's check 1: first,

Surely there must be another simple way than my convoluted idea :D