Is there any way to align columns (left | center | right)?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Jack66

Is there any way to align columns (left | center | right)?

Post by Jack66 »

In Everything, I have Name, Size and Path. Size is in the middle and aligned to the right, and Path is on the right and aligned left, this makes Size basically appear to be part of Path. If I could align just the Size column to the center or left, it would help tremendously. Is this possible?

Completely separate, is there any ways to change the color of the header bar? I have the body dark, and it would be nice to have the header dark also.
void
Developer

Re: Is there any way to align columns (left | center | right)?

Post by void »

To align the size column to the left:
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /size_align=0
  • If successful, you should see size_align=0 in the status bar for a few seconds.
size_align

I don't have an option to center-align the size column, I will consider an option to do this.

A dark theme is in development.
therube

Post by therube »

For a case like that, maybe if there were a padding value, so that the numbers would still be aligned correctly, only able to specify a padding distance (on the right).

(Or even both a pad [right] & fill [left] value.)
Jack66

Post by Jack66 »

void wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:06 am To align the size column to the left:
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /size_align=0
  • If successful, you should see size_align=0 in the status bar for a few seconds.
size_align

I don't have an option to center-align the size column, I will consider an option to do this.

A dark theme is in development.
Ah yes, this works perfectly, thank you so much for your quick response.
therube wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:46 pm For a case like that, maybe if there were a padding value, so that the numbers would still be aligned correctly, only able to specify a padding distance (on the right).

(Or even both a pad [right] & fill [left] value.)
This would also work good too, my main issue was they ran together, and was difficult to differentiate between the two. But the fix by therube has done exactly what I was wanting.

Thank you both again.

EDIT:

I credited the wrong person, thanks void for the fix.