Everything does not appear to be indexing whole drive.

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
pjaj

Everything does not appear to be indexing whole drive.

Post by pjaj »

I'm running the latest 64 bit Windows 10.
Everything does not appear to be indexing the entire contents of one of my disks.
C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\Everything\everything.db is 183,468Kb and time and date stamped within the past 5 minutes.
The disk it is having problems with is a 6TB Raid disk (G:) (4 X 3TB in RAID 10 configuration), currently holding about 1.4TB of data.
Rather than partitioning it into separate virtual drives it has 8 major folders, Peter, Downloads, Image Library, etc.
There is a separate, external 10TB backup drive (F:).
Every file I've looked for so far has been indexed on the backup, but some are not visible in the original subfolder on the RAID disk.
For example there is
F:\FileHistory\peter\DESKTOP-KSRK4F1\Data\G\Peter\Books\MyFile.pdf
on the backup disk, but Everything does not show the corresponding
G:\Peter\Books\MyFile.pdf
On closer examination Everything has found only 12 of the ~60 pdfs in that particular folder & its subfolders on G: but all of them in the corresponding backup on F:.
Have I missed a setting somewhere?
Have I met some inherent limit?
NotNull

Re: Everything does not appear to be indexing whole drive.

Post by NotNull »

Older versions of Everything might have missed some files under special conditions (for example: system was *very* busy).
You can make Everything re-read your disks by pressing the Force Rebuild button (can be found under Menu:Tools > Options > Indexes)
That will probably be enough to fix this.

Newer versions of Everything are less prone to missing files, so make sure you are running version 1.4.1.969 or later.
pjaj

Re: Everything does not appear to be indexing whole drive.

Post by pjaj »

NotNull wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:40 pm Older versions of Everything might have missed some files under special conditions (for example: system was *very* busy).
You can make Everything re-read your disks by pressing the Force Rebuild button (can be found under Menu:Tools > Options > Indexes)
That will probably be enough to fix this.

Newer versions of Everything are less prone to missing files, so make sure you are running version 1.4.1.969 or later.
Thanks, I was hoping not to have to do that, but I'm giving it a go now. I am running version 1.4.1.969