Issues with OneDrive and Autosave

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Bizzarro

Issues with OneDrive and Autosave

Post by Bizzarro »

I just upgraded computers and switched from windows 7 to windows 10. On my new computer Everything does not seem to handle OneDrive files as expected. Every time I open a file that is in a OneDrive folder it opens seemingly in a readonly type version that has autosave turned off and when I save manually it hangs in OneDrive sync and wont overwrite the version that is on the web.

I noticed today that on my windows 7 machine the everything window shows the files with the green check marks saying that they are up to date is one the file icon but on my windows 10 machine it looks like a file that is not connected.

Just fyi.. I am talking about folders that are synced to my computer so a version of the file does exist on my hard drive. Normal navigation to this file results in the expected behavior. I Have tried opening Everything as admin and the behavior does not change. I do not have Everything running as a service on either machine.

I am probably missing a setting somewhere but I cant seem to find it.

Thanks for your help
Dan
Attachments
Everything windows 7 and 10 example.png
Everything windows 7 and 10 example.png (220.85 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
NotNull

Re: Issues with OneDrive and Autosave

Post by NotNull »

Are you ruuning Everything as administrator on your Win10 machine? In that case:
  • Enable Everything Service (under Menu:Tools > Options > General)
  • Disable Run as administrator (also under Menu:Tools > Options > General)
  • Click OK
  • Exit Everything (right-click the Everything icon in the system tray and choose Exit)
  • Start Everything
Does that solve your issue?
Bizzarro

Post by Bizzarro »

As far as I can tell there is no change.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

My next guess would be that Microsoft changed the behaviour of OneDrive on Win10.
But I don't use Onedrive, so can't help you there ..
Bizzarro

Post by Bizzarro »

Actually I think you got it right the first time. I realized I only half tested it expecting the icons to change in Everything on my new machine but windows 10 actually handles this process slightly differently by adding a new column with a check mark and not reflecting anything on the icon.

I reset my settings to the way you first described and opened the file and found autosave to be working.

Thank you very much!