2 ETP's running on (1) server - Windows Server 2019

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
krosal

2 ETP's running on (1) server - Windows Server 2019

Post by krosal »

We are currently in the process of migrating to Windows Server 2019. Recently I had setup Everything with (2) instances and everything ran perfect. I tried to install the 2nd instance with the cmd application Install_ETPServiceon on the Server2019, but it will not create the 2nd service. When I run the program as Administrator, it doesn't show me all of the options as it did under Windows Server 2012 R2. I did stop the instance of Everything that was running and also stopped the Everything Service.
When I run the Install_ETP Service as Administrator, it does not give me any options, such as the i option to install the service. There are no options showing and it exits the program when I enter a key stroke. Please see the attached image.

Thank you,
Attachments
AddServices.JPG
AddServices.JPG (36.4 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
NotNull

Re: 2 ETP's running on (1) server - Windows Server 2019

Post by NotNull »

1. There is no question?
2. Please add a link to the Install_ETPService thread. You can use the "chain" button for that (on the row that starts with teh B, I, U buttons ). That way other people know what this is about. And to be honest: I almost forgot about this too ..
This is the relevant thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8558

The message implies that there is no Everything-Sales.ini in the folder where you put Install_ETPService.cmd
Is your instance actually called Sales?
krosal

Post by krosal »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8558

Above is the previous thread about the installation of a 2nd or more service instance of Everything.

The question I have is running the Install_ETP Service on Windows Server 2019 Standard. It does not allow or create the 2nd service instance like it did on Windows Server 2012 R2. It will not install.

No there is no instance called sales. I am trying to create a 2nd instance for a Published Documents network share.

It looks like I am missing the first part of the creation of the 2nd Everything and this is why I am not able to create the 2nd Service.

I will look at the previous thread I have on this and see if the creating of the 2nd .ini is in there and I will report back. It looks like it's a mistake on my part.

Thank you,
krosal

Post by krosal »

It was a mistake by me. The creating of the 2nd service works just fine on Windows Server 2019 after creating the 2nd Everything instance by entering the command;

Everything.exe -instance "Published Documents"

Once the 2nd instance was created, the creating of the 2nd service worked, sorry for any confusion.

Thank you,
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Thanks for reporting back! Glad this is solved ...
krosal

Post by krosal »

Me too, I wouldn't have figured it out without your help.

Thank you!