App for QNAP nas?

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Rene

App for QNAP nas?

Post by Rene »

hey all,

i have a qnap nas that i would like to install ES on, but it doesn't run windows.

it runs a proprietary (Linux based?) OS named QTS, i was hoping there was an app for that ?
NotNull

Re: App for QNAP nas?

Post by NotNull »

Everything is not available on other operating systems than Windows.

On a QNAP NAS you can consider Qsirch from it's AppCenter.
Rene

Post by Rene »

Thanks but no-can-do with qsirch, it needs an intel cpu, while mine has an arm cpu.

so i was really hoping someone could make a Qpkg package for side-loading ?
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Isn't Everything's folder indexing an option for you?
(I don't expect you will find someone on this forum that is willing and/or able to write such an app for a QNAP NAS)

BTW: (from the QNAP site)
Qsirch 4.0 is available from the QTS App Center for all x86-based and ARM-based NAS models at least 2GB (excluding the TAS series). (at least 4GB is recommended for optimum performance). Firmware Requirements: QTS 4.3 (or later).
Rene

Post by Rene »

yes it also states 2gb of ram, mine only has 256MB.Point is Qsirch is not an option.

What i would like to do is make a centralised database for all my computers to use, i can't create an ETP server without Windows. but if it were an app on the nas then the Server+client (daemon) architecture would work.

All computers would serve as both interface to the central database and updater for devices that the nas may not have access directly, thus adding to the db, but i digress.

i'm just looking to use an ETP server on my nas so i can share the db among my lan and use the db on a tablet/pc that isn't directly connected to external usb devices.

That in itself would be a fun little project if i knew how to code it.