Hide menu bar option

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
sinilill

Hide menu bar option

Post by sinilill »

The idea is to have very minimalistic and one task oriented UI/UX. I have configured Everything for searching PDF files in a folder, and the menu bar is not necessary for everyday operation. One possible option for accessing the menu bar items would be with a right click on the title bar.

Here is a example screenshot from mIRC with hidden menu bar/right click tile bar menu.

And also thanks for the great software :)
NotNull

Re: Hide menu bar option

Post by NotNull »

+1

I've written about it somewhere else on the forum. It reflects your idea:
Apart from that, there is the character/personality/identity/whatever you want to call it/ of Everything.
Look at the forum, look at the help text, the Options dialog, the GUI: all clean,clear, structured, somewhat minimalistic layout (*).
All in all: simple on the outside; feature-rich and powerful on the inside.
Somehow an extra (confusing?) search bar doesn't fit in this concept. That's how I see it.

(*) I like this clean layout. If it was up to me, even the menu-bar would be optional (like in Notepad++ : "Hide menu bar (use Alt or F10 key to toggle)" )
void
Developer

Post by void »

I've added the option to hide the menu bar for the next major version of Everything.

If the menu bar is hidden, it can be reshown by right clicking the toolbar, window caption or status bar.
When the menu bar is hidden, all menu items can be accessed from the system menu (right clicking the window caption).

Thanks for the suggestion.
therube

Post by therube »

Myself, I like to go naked.
My applications, they need to be dressed.

;-).