Want to find files containing "KV" in their name which are not already in directories with "KV" in their name

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
burgundy

Want to find files containing "KV" in their name which are not already in directories with "KV" in their name

Post by burgundy »

Can anyone please help construct a suitable Everything query.

I have many files with "KV" in their name and most are correctly filed in directories - which also have "KV" in their directory name.

How do I find those files containing "KV" which are not in directories with "KV"in their name?
void
Developer

Re: Want to find files containing "KV" in their name which are not already in directories with "KV" in their name

Post by void »

Please try searching for:
!**kv**\* kv

! = NOT
** = match any character
the \ will enable full path matching for this term
**kv**\* basically means match if kv is anywhere in the path part of the full path and filename.
ovg

Re: Want to find files containing "KV" in their name which are not already in directories with "KV" in their name

Post by ovg »

Hi David!
void wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:16 pm ** = match any character
Why not use simple * ?
for me

Code: Select all

files: !*kv*\* kv
working fine.
void
Developer

Post by void »

** and * are the same in Everything 1.4

In future versions of Everything, ** will match any character and * will match any character except \
This of course will be optional from Options -> Search -> Allow * to match \.
ovg

Post by ovg »

It is great! Thank you for clarifications!
burgundy

Post by burgundy »

Both suggestions work well. Thank you.