How to make Bookmarks context menu aligned to left of menu header?

General discussion related to "Everything".
SuperDude

How to make Bookmarks context menu aligned to left of menu header?

Post by SuperDude »

I have 4 columns in my “Bookmarks” context menu. Because the popup context menu appears aligned to the right side of the “Bookmarks” menu header, the 4th column in the context menu appears halfway over to my right-side monitor. However, if I first move my cursor over the “Search” menu header, then move it over the “Bookmarks” menu header, the context menu is aligned to the left of the “Bookmarks” menu header, which makes all of the “Bookmarks” context menu entries fit into my primary (center) monitor.

Is there a setting in the “Everything.ini” file that will force the context menu to always align to the left of the “Bookmarks” menu header? I appreciate any help given, Thanks.
tuska

Re: How to make Bookmarks context menu aligned to left of menu header?

Post by tuska »

Maybe that's a possibility.

Type in in inputline of Everything and press <ENTER>:

Code: Select all

/menu_folders=1
The bookmark names (also for submenus) may have between 255 and 259 characters (I do not know the exact limit).
After that the bookmark name exceeds the window border and is no longer displayed completely
AND submenus ">" are no longer displayed on my screen (1920 x 1200, Scaling 125%).

Deactivates the previous entry if the desired result is not achieved:

Code: Select all

/menu_folders=0  <ENTER>
The changes made (menu_folders=1, menu_folders=0) will only be saved in Everything.ini after Everything has been exited.
However, the view is immediately changed according to the respective setting.

http://www.voidtools.com/support/everyt ... n_settings
menu_folders
Enable submenus by including \ in your macro and bookmark names.
Set to 1 to enable. Set to 0 to disable.
For example, to use the bookmark name "Beatles" in a submenu called "Music", call your bookmark Music\Beatles

menu_folder_separator
Change the sub menu separator \ to the specified string.

To be on the safe side, you could also create a backup of Everything.ini beforehand.
SuperDude

Post by SuperDude »

@tuska: Thank you for the reply. I already have menu_folders=1 and menu_folder_separator=\ set in my Everything.ini file. This is not a big deal, so please don't waste your time on this. I will just have to be less lazy :-)
void
Developer

Post by void »

I can't find an easy way to do this per window / menu item.

Perhaps system wide is an option for you?
SuperDude

Post by SuperDude »

@void: Thank you for your help. That worked for all menu headers (File, Edit, View, etc.) except for “Bookmarks”

I have 3 monitors - the menu alignment works on my left and right-side monitors, but not my primary, center monitor. My center monitor is 27" while the other two are 21.5" (all are 1920x1080 resolution). Maybe the primary monitor being a different size is making this not work? Anyway, thank you for your help.