Very important !!! HDD issue / problem

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
Debugger

Very important !!! HDD issue / problem

Post by Debugger »

What is this partition?
\Device\Harddisk2\DR2 (Disk; ID: 7)
I tried to find out what the partition is with different disk management tools, but I still do not have the information that is the right partition. This is very important to me because it detected several unstable sectors when trying to erase unused disk space. I am counting on quick help.
Debugger

Re: Very important !!! HDD issue / problem

Post by Debugger »

Eh. The application does not show the correct partition letter, it just does not agree with what the HARD DISK SENTINEL informs.
However, I tried to scan the last letter L:\ of the disk partition and showed the problem. Now it copies important data, and then I will completely erase the partition and format it.
I will never use O & O Defrag anymore, this tool causes unstable sectors and reading errors This is a dangerous tool for data.

There are 25 weak sectors found on the disk surface. They may be remapped any time in the later use of the disk.
More information: https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_ca ... ectors.php
Recently the following entries added to System Event Log:
173 errors, most recent: W urządzeniu \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 wystąpił zły blok. (Disk; ID: 7)
The following function can be used to improve the situation: Disk -> Surface Test -> Disk repair
At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.
It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.
tuska

Re: Very important !!! HDD issue / problem

Post by tuska »

The topic has been continued here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7404