Move files directly

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
asimetron

Move files directly

Post by asimetron »

Relocate files directly from the search window by dragging them to the directory of the new location
therube

Re: Move files directly

Post by therube »

Not sure just what you're meaning by that?
Explain further.
asimetron

Post by asimetron »

This is a basic and very important program on my computer.

I am someone who likes to order very much and this program allows me to keep everything organized quickly looking for the duplicates that are in my computer. (When the names match)

Sometimes these duplicates are in different directories, since I download a lot of content from the internet, and with this program I can locate them quickly.

But I can not relocate them directly from the program interface, that is, I have to open, with the windows explorer, the directory where both directories are located to be able to move them to their respective locations.

It is certainly possible to rename and delete from the interface of the program, which I am very grateful for, but being able to drag and drop the files directly from the program would be a very good feature.

I know that it is a program dedicated to the searches and not to the organization, from that starting point I can not ask for more since its program complies perfectly with what it offers and is by far the best regarding its competitors, I know it Because I've tried them all, but it's all with the spirit of improving the program.

Thank you.
therube

Post by therube »

You can drag (or cut) from Everything, & drop (or paste) into an Explorer window (or otherwise).

Everything 1.4.1 Beta has:

Edit -> <Copy | Move> to Folder
&
Edit -> Advanced --> Advanced <Copy | Move> to Folder

(In my case, I always have my file manager open, so so long as I'm in the correct directory in my file manager [or I will also use Everything to copy the selected path, which I can then paste in to my file manager, causing it to change to that directory], movement from Everything to somewhere else is pretty straight forward.)

(There is a general utility, a "favorite folders" kind of thing, that [I'm pretty sure] you would use with SendTo [or at least from a context menu], that might facilitate things... Next time I run into it...

A number of utilities mentioned here, freeware-guide.com, Launchers, though none [or at least what I looked through] are what I was specifically thinking of.)